All property photos
Perched above one of San Francisco’s most picturesque and sought-after cul-de-sacs, the brick -paved Russian Hill Place, this sophisticated residence is a prime example of sleek organic architecture with a sophisticated International vibe in the midst of one of the City’s most renowned historic neighborhoods…
This stunningly light-filled residence is artfully crafted with the finest artisanal finishes seamlessly blending with a chic Mid-Century design sensibility. With the beautifully landscaped garden flawlessly framed by walls of glass, indoor and outdoor spaces flow beautifully together and the organic architectural style melds harmoniously into the surrounding greenery…
Beautifully designed for indoor/ outdoor entertaining and everyday living experiences, and enjoying lovely outlooks over the City and to the Golden Gate Bridge, this is a wonderfully chic and lush urban oasis in the heart of one of San Francisco’s most desirable residential neighborhoods…
- Rare, level, 2-car side by side garage with hot and cold water outlets and ample built-in storage
- 2,288 as per appraisal and 2,156 Sq.Ft. as per Tax Records; Buyer to independently verify
- 40’ X 72’, 2,900 square foot lot
- Single family home built in 1951
- 4 split levels connected by an architectural floating staircase framed by three stories of glass block to enhance the abundance of natural light and indoor/outdoor space throughout the home.
- Burnham Boiler Hydronic Heat with separate thermostats for each level allow comfortable climate control
- Terraced front-yard, private enclosed backyard, South facing terrace
- 3 wood burning fireplaces, 2 with gas starters
- Low E windows
- Hard-wired for security and sound systems
- Hardwood and hand-cut French limestone floors
- Custom woodwork and cabinetry in Mahogany, Icelandic birch, Hard Rock and Bird’s Eye Maple
- All closets are cedar-lined
- Authentic stone finishes of limestone, marble and granite
- Front Exterior is crafted with brick and cedar shake, surrounded by a lovely walkway and terraced garden with a beautifully sculpted Monterey Pine
Situated atop Russian Hill on one of the most coveted streets in San Francisco, this graceful view home offers serentiy, privacy and quintessential San Francisco living in a rarely-available location- reminiscent of the well-known TV series “Tales of the City”
This stunning property has changed ownership only once in 70 years. Casual elegance and high-end custom craftmanship distinguish this sophisticated renovated home graced with views and ample outdoor space.
Surrounded by Julia Morgan and Willis Polk-designed homes, 4 Russian Hill Place was built in 1951 and completely re-imagined with custom craftmanship that embodies a causal, timless elegance. A captivating entrance with a lovely brick walkway, terraced garden and an expertly sculpted Monterey Pine tree welcomes you to the font door.
Sophisticated urban living at its best. International style located on one of the best streets in San Francisco make this an extraordinarily unique and rare home.
This secluded oasis is the authentic definition of a “one-of-a-kind property” in a “one-of-a-kind location”.
The Entry Level
- A charming brick pathway leads to the front door through a lovely terraced and landscaped park-like setting
- The bright and airy entrance foyer showcases French limestone floors hand-cut and laid in a parquet-de-Versailles pattern
- Enjoying Southwest corner light, the 2nd Southwest corner bedroom enjoys lush garden views over the enchanting cobblestone street and a cedar-lined closet
- The 3rd bedroom/ guest room/ office features an en-suite custom sea foam glass tiled bath with Kohler and Posher fixtures and cedar lined closet. Custom sliding craftsman style doors of frosted glass and mahogany provide privacy as well as light.
- A dramatically architectural floating mahogany, maple and glass stairway surrounded by 3 stories of glass block walls provides a wonderful entrance into the main living level and connects the various levels of the residence, enhancing the light, open floor plan
The Main Level
- The heart of the home is the spectacular wide-open living/ dining/ kitchen/ entertaining Great Room with infinity doors to the artistically designed back patio and garden, creating a seamless indoor/ outdoor experience. Two extraordinary features highlight this space: a large wood-burning fireplace with gas starter, honed Mediterranean limestone surround- and zero threshhold floor-to-ceiling Maple and Douglas Fir framed folding doors that unite this “heart” of the home with the artful flagstone private garden, creating a wonderful outdoor extension of the living spaces. The 4” quarter-sawn pale flooring is hydronically heated for even non-drying temperature control and has its own termostat
- The lushly landscaped back garden features custom cut book-matched Arizona Select sandstone, hot and cold water, irrigation, GFI electrical outlets and lighting.
- The open style gourmet chef’s kitchen enjoys top of the line appliances including a 6-burner Viking gas range with grill and double ovens (one convection), large double sink plus prep sink (both with disposals), Chicago Faucet pot-filler, Miele dishwasher, maple paneled Sub-Zero refrigerator, fossilized honed Mediterranean limestone countertops, and custom-built contemporary floor-to-ceiling custom birds-eye maple with easy access roll-out shelving and Icelandic birch cabinetry.
The Third Level
- The architecturally designed floating mahogany, maple and glass staircase leads to the upper level of the split-level living space. This bright and airy Southwest corner room is a wonderful extension of the main level living space and is perfect for enjoying superb sunsets with beautiful views over the City and it’s famous hills, Sutro Tower and toward the Golden Gate Bridge. A wood-burning fireplace with gas starter and granite hearth, hydronically heated four-inch quarter-sawn maple flooring and a wonderful South terrace add to the amenities of this lovely aerie.
- A tumbled Italian marble bath completes this level of the residence
The Fourth Level
- The luxuriously romantic full-floor primary suite is a wonderfully serene retreat and enjoys a wood burning fireplace with marble hearth, hydronically heated four-inch quarter-sawn maple floors and large picture windows framing views of the Presidio Park and Golden Gate Bridge on the West side, and park-like greenery outlooks toward the East. The cedar-lined walk-in closet as well as custom-built patterned mahogany, cedar-lined armoires and drawers flanking the fireplace provide a harmonious contrast to the light maple flooring.
- A beautiful en-suite marble bath features separate walk-in shower with dual heads, cast iron Jacuzzi tub, heated floor, double limestone sinks ensconced in a custom-built mahogany vanity, towel warmer and water closet with toilet and bidet. Both areas have heated floors with independent thermostats for comfortable temperature control.